Tuesday 14 September 2010

Stupidity

Forgot to write about this!! It made me laugh.

At my friend's wedding on Saturday I was talking to this woman in her late 20s about my bike ride the next day. She asked who I was fundraising for and I replied that it was for Arthritis Care.

To which she said: "Awwww... that's sooo nice. I've always wanted to, like, help old people."

Ahahahaaaaaaa. I really wanted to tell her I AM one of those 'old people' with arthritis. But causing a scene at my friend's wedding didn't seem worth it just to see the horrified expression on her face.

5 comments:

  1. What?!...I would have totally let her know that anyone can get arthritis! But politely, of course, since there is a wedding going on=).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should have asked her if she's ever had her ass kicked by an old person. lol

    The general public doesn't have a clue about us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a much stronger person than me. I would definitely have had to say something. Oh well, it did make me laugh this morning. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it's such an unknown condition, considering 1 in 100 people are meant to have RA. That's way more common than MS and everyone knows what MS is!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwa ha ha ha! Thanks for the laugh :D I'm so tired of folks telling me I'm too young for arthritis (are they telling me I don't have it??), but this made my day. I can't say that I would have the restraint that you did :)

    ReplyDelete