Friday 18 May 2012

Hmm

I had my injection yesterday (no numbing cream this time, I'm a big brave girl!) and all seemed fine. Today, however, was pretty unpleasant. I had to go to work mega early and straight away I knew it was going to be bad. My finger was so sore that any contact with it resulted in a loud OUCH. Even not moving the hand, I still had that nasty deep ache that just won't budge. The muscle pain radiated up to my wrist. Lets not even talk about when I would accidentally bend it a little. Wow-wee. It was a fun morning editing photographs, for sure. 10 points to me for creative holding of computer editing tools. How do some of you do this with not one, but 10 fingers constantly in this state? I have massive respect!! Anyway I dosed up on the pain-dullers and thankfully it seems to have passed. Apparently 'an increase of pain' can happen for about a day after a steroid injection. NO KIDDING. All good now though, back to acceptable levels of discomfort. So now I just sit and wait and hopefully tomorrow a little miracle will occur and I will see my knuckle. If it works, it'll totally be worth it.

On a side note, I've been reading some fun books lately. "Confessions of a GP" by Benjamin Daniels and "In Stitches" by Neil Edwards. Both are books by doctors who have compiled a series of thoughts, real life stories and general musings on the medical profession in which they work every day. Both have been very enjoyable reads, especially "Confessions of a GP". Very interesting if you are based in the UK, as it explains a lot of the frustrations and bureaucratic processes of the system. As a chronic patient, it's interesting to get a glimpse into the minds of those treating us. Plus, they're both really funny writers. Both books are available for the Kindle (my new love!), for a bargain price of something like 99p, so check them out if you have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment