Tuesday 26 July 2011

blah

I've neglected my blog for a wee while. Things at home are not going so well. My great aunt continues to deteriorate and the burden on my mum is huge. She works full time then goes home to be a full time carer and maybe gets a few hours of disturbed sleep per night. I think she's at breaking point and I just don't know what to do to help. I've been trying to speak to social services but there's no quick and easy solution in these cases. I think they have discussed a hospice, but there are no places as yet so for now she will be staying at my mother's house. It's really terrible. I don't really know what to say or do. Just have to keep strong and be there for my mum. I know these dark times will pass, as they always do, I just hope she can keep strong and not fall ill herself.

Otherwise I'm well. I was in London all of last week and did a lot of walking, with no complaints from Mr Right foot which was a lovely surprise. At least the arthritis is taking a back seat these days so that I have the strength to deal with these new challenges life has thrown up.

I'm also moving house this weekend and haven't packed a single thing. I suspect an all-nighter will be happening on Friday.

I'm checking in with all your blogs and sorry if I've not been commenting as much with all the things going on here. Thinking of you all especially those having flares just now and wishing you only good things. Also missing some people's blog updates, Laurie, are you ok?? Take it easy for now folks..

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you Squirrel, even if life is a little hard right now. I am sure your mom appreciates your concern.

    Take care of yourself. You have a lot going on with your aunt, your mom, your move and life in general.

    ReplyDelete