Friday 7 January 2011

2011

It's that time of year when we think about the months ahead, and if you're anything like me you'll be feeling a mixture of hope and apprehension.

I mostly can't wait for winter to be over. It's NOT my season. I feel like since October I've been going downhill. I had a relationship break up, my arthritis has been more active and I've neglected my exercise and diet. In short, I feel like crap. Boo hoo! Oh and to top it off I'm choked up with a bad cold just now. *cue violins*
But at the same time I don't feel nearly as bad as I did this time last year. As much as I have to admit to having my down times, mentally I'm generally coping better. I'm looking forward to the year ahead and I'm sure that once the weather warms up and the days grow longer I will find myself rejuvinated. I love Spring, it brings me joy and hope. I can't wait to see the world wake up from the long dark of winter.

So here are some positive things which I can't wait for this year:

A trip to Paris with my friends in February.

A spa weekend with my mum.

Getting back on my bike once the snow clears and doing some long country rides.

Wearing sandals.

BBQs.

A girly holiday to somewhere sunny in June.

Working with my doctor to decide on the best treatment plan going foward.

Formulating some sort of plan about where my career is heading.


Yup, I think it's gonna be an alright year. You heard it here first!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some good times coming up in 2011, which is great. I mean Paris and a spa? Pretty awesome, in my opinion!

    I do hope the sun and warm weather head your way soon, and that you feel better and better as you get your treatment plan figured out.

    All the best for the new year!

    :) L

    P.S. We just got snow and I'm a happy camper!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you do have some good things coming up, awesome! You know, as much as I love winter, and as envious as I am of Laurie's comment above about receiving my beloved snow, just the other day I was fantasizing about wearing flip flops. Oh to just be able to slip those one (with no hands!) if I have to go outside...oh well, back to reality and big, lace-up boots I guess :)

    I sincerly hope this year is miles ahead of last year for you! And, with a trip to Paris, it just might be ;)

    ReplyDelete