Thursday 19 August 2010

Bike Ride Update

I wrote about my upcoming challenge a wee while ago, and so the weeks roll by and September 12th looms closer and closer. Panic? Me?

I had been doing well with my training, I was doing 10 mile rides at the weekends but 3 weeks ago some dooshe stole my bike. That's what I get for living in the ghetto of Glasgow. Well, not really, but there are some dodgy types about. It's Scotland, after all.

So I've only just got a new bike yesterday, which means I am very very behind on training and whatever muscle I had built up is now probably gone. I am a bit comforted by the fact that hardly any of my team-mates from work have done any training either, so at least we'll all embarrass ourselves horribly together.

Anyway the reason I'm posting about this is some folks asked when I'd have my sponsor page up and I finally do now!

Squirrel's Crazy Cycle

I can't back out now...eek. Sorry, legs.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks that someone stole your bike. I hate a thief! Hope you didn't have to settle on a "less than what you had" for a replacement bike. You are right, it doesn't take very long to lose what you have gained. Good luck with the bike ride.

    ReplyDelete