Friday 9 July 2010

Meds change

Well it's official - I'm off the sulfa.

I had a 2 week break and my bloods went back to normal. Then Dr A put me on it again for 3 days and we did bloods yesterday. My white blood cell count's dropped by a point, so she's almost sure it's the meds.

I'm starting hydroxychloroquine next week. Woop dee doo. I've finally learnt how to pronounce it, so that's a start.



I'm pretty bummed out about my stupid bad luck. I'll try and snap out of it and focus on the fact that apart from one slightly dodgy thumb I feel really well so I shouldn't waste my 'feeling well' time being depressed about a treatment failure. And I know that worrying about the future is pointless...but why oh why do I still do it??

Maybe I'll go watch the new Twilight movie, that'll make me laugh. The whole thing is sooo bad but for some reason I've seen them all. And no, I don't secretly fancy teenage vampires. Or warewolves.

3 comments:

  1. We need to remind ourselves to not waste that time we are feeling good. I'm feeling good now and trying to pack things in but not over do it.

    I hope the new med works well for you. I have been on humira for three weeks and I think I am going to tatoo it's name on my arm... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joan! I'm glad the humira seems to be working so quickly for you. It'll take a couple of months before I see if Hydroxy helps but at least I feel well, so I guess I can wait.. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is different … what works for one person may not work for you, but don’t get discouraged. There are lots of options so talk with your rheumatologist about them.
    I am on my third med for RA. I just started on Humira last month and it seems to be working better.

    Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete