Wednesday 22 December 2010

Injection

Ok. This finger flare is getting out of control - can barely move at the DIP and PIP joints at all and all the tendons are massively inflamed. It looks like a german sausage. Strangely not that painful, but completely useless and almost stuck in a half bent position.

I have an appointment tomorrow with my rheumatologst and I highly suspect she'll inject steroids into it.

I am pretty terrified, never had this done but can't imagine it's pleasant. Will let you know how it goes. Merry Christmas to me!

3 comments:

  1. I don't blame you, your fingers are pretty sensitive. I had shots in my hand and 2 fingers once to numb them for stitches ... I know, a different deal though. I hope it doesn't come to the shot. Have a Merry Christmas and good luck with the finger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find some relief! I've had my thumb injected and it wasn't too bad. The thing about it is that it's temporaty but can be soooo relieving!

    Have a beautiful Christmas! We did get a little bit of snow :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank guys... well i had it done and it wasnt painful at all! She numbed it first so it didnt feel like much, the only weird part was the steroid going in. Strange feeling something going into your finger... but yeah just spent the rest of the day taking it easy and now waiting to see if there's any change in the next few days. Fingers crossed... Merry Christmas to you yoo. (and yay for the snow, Pony!)

    ReplyDelete